This episode of the Plastic Podcast concludes our conversation about the Academy Award nominations. Rob and J. Robert talk about the nominees in the other major categories and mention a few overlooked favorites of 2009. Here's part one.
- Intro: The Conversation Continues
- Best Acting Categories
- Best Animated Feature Film
- Best Original Screenplay
- Best Adapted Screenplay
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Other Faves of 2009: Pontypool, Two Lovers
- Make Way for Tomorrow (McCarey, 1937), Text of Light (Brakhage, 1974)
- Films not named above that are nevertheless discussed at some length in this podcast, given the time constraints: The Messenger, Food, Inc., The White Ribbon, Coraline, The Princess and the Frog, Burma VJ, Anvil! The Story of Anvil, Forbidden Lie$.
- Actor whose name is mis-pronounced by Rob in both halves of this conversation: Christoph Waltz, who — guess what — is Austrian. Rob will say valts from now on.
- Rob on Pontypool, the 3D of Coraline, Food, Inc., Burma VJ, and his list of 2009 faves
- List of Oscar nominees
- Part one of our conversation