He is, you know. A psycho. At least in the hands of Guy Ritchie and Robert Downey, Jr.
On this edition of the Plastic Podcast, Rob and J. Robert talk about Ritchie's recent adaptation of Arthur Conan Doyle's characters, about Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, and about Gus Van Sant's intriguing 1998 remake of Hitchcock's classic, recklessly shaping and reshaping that trio's Venn diagram like an elementary school teacher sorting out her transparencies. Come along, won't you?
- Trailer: Sherlock Holmes!
- Sherlock Holmes (Ritchie, 2009)
- The Manic, Mumbling Detective
- The Cinematic Industrial Age
- Psycho (Hitchcock, 1960), Psycho (Van Sant, 1998)
- In Color
- Assessing the Original and the Humble Remake
- Implicating the Audience
- The Moving Vernacular
- Rob's piece on the lesser known traits of Sherlock Holmes, with ample links into Conan Doyle's text.